(Information from the Lawrence Parks and Rec. Dept.)
This 23-acre plot of land was created in two parts.
In 1961, the City bought 16 acres of land from Moore Land Inc. to create a neighborhood park. An additional seven acres were purchased in 1977 to create space for the East Lawrence Center, located on the north edge of the park.
Entered from Maple Lane, north of 19th Street, this 23-acre park has basketball courts, a ball field, play area, athletic field, and picnic grove with tables and grills. The East Lawrence Center, opened in 1979 and remodeled in 1996, has year-round activities supervised by recreation staff. multi-purpose gym, game room, meeting room and kitchen area are available in this 5,200 square foot air conditioned center which is located at the north end of the park at 15th and Brook Streets (1245 East 15th Street).
The amenities of the park include:
There are no shelters located in Edgewood Park.